New Blog Fun; Lovely Moments
Henriette Browne, “A Girl Writing; The Pet Goldfinch” (Creative Commons)
Guys, I’ve been having SO much fun blogging lately. Ever since I discovered I could schedule posts in advance, I’ve been flying high. I now have regular blog posts written and scheduled through July, and the quotes and cat photos set up for almost the rest of the year. I’m also having a ball using the Reader to read great posts, follow new blogs, and join comment conversations.
(Really, blogging has become so much fun that I’m having to set limits for myself, so I will work on my other writing projects too!)
So it’s time to unleash my inner blogger! I’m going to expand and add new structure to my blog. Here’s my plan:
- I’m going to kick up my ordinary posts on reading, writing, living, etc., to 3 times a week: Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. (I’ll keep aiming for a variety of longer/shorter and heavier/lighter posts.)
- I’m changing the “Friday Cat Photo” feature to “Saturday Cat Photo.”
- I’m keeping the “Sunday Short Quote” as is (though if I get really ambitious—or perhaps bored/tired—one day I may go through and add corresponding photos).
- I’m adding 2 new features:
- “Lovely Moments” on Tuesdays, to share bits of loveliness from my week—a song I’ve been listening to, a tea flavor I’ve been loving, a thing I’m knitting, photos or descriptions of recent moments I’ve gotten to spend outside, and/or other lovely moments.
- “Weekly Mind Cleanup” on Fridays, to share brief mentions of what I’ve been reading, blog posts I liked from the week (that’s you!), articles or news headlines that caught my eye, and maybe also a sentence or two on what I’ve been writing and learning from life in the past week.
I hope I won’t be an irritating inbox flooder (if it feels like that to you, by all means, unsubscribe); I want instead to deliver gems and gifts that make your day brighter and more beautiful. Life’s too short to collect negatives when you can collect positives instead!
By the way, if any of you ever have suggestions for blogging improvements for me, please share.
from this past week:
Drinking Bigelow’s “Constant Comment” decaf black tea this week
- Sitting outside in the evenings with my cats (on harnesses and leashes, since we live in a busy neighborhood)
- Hearing Sara Bareilles’s song “Uncharted” on the radio
Riding behind my husband on a four-wheeler up the holler at his parents’ house; and while he mowed the grass in the old family graveyard, I went for a walk in the woods. That is one of my absolute favorite things to do. Being in the woods always feels like getting a massage for my spirit!