I want to learn all I can, live as wisely as I can, and savor every moment on the journey.
Some lovely moments from my life this past week:
* Camping! My husband and I went camping over the Memorial Day weekend. It was, as always, glorious.
We did a lot of sitting by the fire, eating campfire food, talking, reading, and just listening to the sounds of the forest. I also broke out my guitar for a while.
We heard a turkey, red-bellied woodpeckers (both pecking and calling, from a nearby tree), owls, and a multitude of songbirds, in addition to toads and insects.And when we needed exercise, we went hiking in the woods. Ahhh…nature is my cure-all! Fittingly, I discovered this line from Emerson (from his Nature) while reading by the campfire:
“To the body and mind which have been cramped by noxious work or company, nature is medicinal and restores their tone.”
* Drinking Bigelow’s Plantation Mint black tea, another favorite flavor of mine
* Listening to An American Childhood by Annie Dillard, read by Tavia Gilbert
* Working on knitting my first sock
* Getting extra cuddles from all three of my cats after we were all back home together (they stayed at “their grandparents'” house while we were camping) 🙂