I want to read and learn all I can, write thoughtfully and truthfully, live according to reason and ever more mature wisdom, and savor every wonderful little gift of life.
Lovely moments from my life this week…
* Pulling weeds in my father-in-law’s garden on Sunday while he hoed and my husband plowed
I had asked my husband what we should get his dad for Father’s Day, and he had said, “ All he likes is hard work.” So that’s what we gave him!
But it was a gift to me as well—getting my hands into nature rejuvenated my spirit.
* Getting a massage for self-care after a week of dealing with extra fatigue and stress
* Drinking rooibos chai tea (hot) and Bigelow’s Plantation Mint tea (iced)
* Listening to one of my favorite songs by Train: “Parachute”
“I’ll open up and be your parachute / and I’ll never let you down / So open up and be my human angel / and we’ll only hit the ground — running”
* Letting my cat Marvin share my pillow and lean his forehead on mine
* Talking with a friend I haven’t gotten to talk to in a long time