Musings on personal growth, books, motherhood, writing, and more. "Every hour is saved from that eternal silence, something more, a bringer of new things." – Tennyson
Thank you to Valerie Stefani for nominating me for the One Lovely Blog Award. I am delighted!
The award rules:
1. My favorite color is purple. I didn’t set out to have a favorite color, and I didn’t choose purple; it just happened. Every time I see something purple I go “Ooooh! Pretty!” 🙂
2. I play the piano pretty well. I accompanied all our school choirs in high school for rehearsals, contests, and concerts. I don’t like performing alone, though. I upset my piano teacher after working up Beethoven’s “Sonata Pathetique” really well and then backing out of her recital.
3 I have lived in six different U.S. states: West Virginia (most of my life), Wisconsin (roughly four years, during college), Kansas (a year and a half), Florida (six months), Indiana (two months), and New Mexico (two months).
4. And I’ve taken classes from a handful of different colleges and universities: Northland International University (the Bible college, in northern Wisconsin), Bob Jones University (correspondence courses), University of South Florida, University of Kansas, Clarion University (an online course), and West Virginia University (online courses). I would love to be in school all my life, if I could.
5. I’m a customer service badass; I’ll help you with your insurance needs pleasantly and efficiently. Just don’t get into my personal space: nosiness and demanded hugs are a sure way to turn me from warm and sweet to icy and sharp.
6. I love Katy Perry. But then, who doesn’t?
7. The second time I met my now-husband, I was so nervous, flustered, and generally twitterpated that this is how our conversation began:
Me, grinning foolishly: “Good! …I mean, ‘good’ is what I would have said, if you had asked me how I was, but you didn’t, so I guess I’m just telling you that I’m good…”
Him, smiling: “Good.”
Now, to nominate fifteen other bloggers for the One Lovely Blog Award. Some of these I’ve followed for a while, some I just started following, and all I want to read more often (I just need more time)!
15. Then Matters Now
Cheers! Have a lovely day!