I want to learn all I can, live as wisely as I can, and savor every moment on the journey.
This is a variation on my “Lovely Moments Lately” posts (which I keep meaning to do more of but keep forgetting). Being twenty weeks pregnant makes me crave creature comforts! And I also thought that title fit better with this photo of my cats Jill and Murray indulging in luxurious naps on my bed. 🙂
On a rainy, tired day like today, I need all the help toward positivity I can get. So here are some lovely moments from my life lately:
• Going for a walk by the river on a beautiful and quiet Sunday morning.
• Repotting two pretty little mum plants I had bought.
• Lying in the big pile of pillows on my bed. (It didn’t take me long to learn that pillows are a pregnant woman’s best friend!)
• Listening to a very lovely audiobook, Paris Letters: One Woman’s Journey from the Fast Lane to a Slow Stroll in Paris by Janice MacLeod.
• Buying some soft, pretty baby yarn and knitting little baby hats. (I didn’t think of taking photos of these or the mums…maybe I’ll do it later as a reminder to do another “lovely moments” post!)
• Working on my baby shower registry online. At first it was overwhelming, but by the end, working on it made me feel happy and excited about my babies on the way!
• Which reminds me of the amazingly happy moments every time we have an ultrasound and get to see those little growing twins and hear their heartbeats. It’s one of the most incredible things I’ve ever experienced!
• Spending a sunny afternoon sitting on my deck and catching up with an old friend, whom I hadn’t seen in years, who was in town for a visit.
• Eating Papa John’s pizza and watching Downton Abbey (via DVDs checked out from the library).
There! Already I feel better. And now it’s time for me to eat a snack. It will be a granola bar and a hot cup of rooibos-vanilla tea. More creature comforts!