Musings on personal growth, books, motherhood, writing, and more.
Hello, I’m Anna Eplin, a writer from Charleston, West Virginia, USA. I am also a mother of twin one-year-old daughters, and I work full-time as an insurance agent.
On this blog I write about things I’m learning and enjoying in the areas of writing, reading, and personal growth. I try to see every day as a chance to learn something new. That’s why my blog is titled “A Bringer of New Things,” which is a phrase from my favorite poem, “Ulysses” by Alfred, Lord Tennyson. Here’s the phrase in its immediate context:
“Life piled on life
Were all too little, and of one to me
Little remains: but every hour is saved
From that eternal silence, something more,
A bringer of new things.”
I wonder what new thing–what insight, knowledge, person, or experience–today will bring into my life?
Other writing projects I’m working on include…
* A memoir about my coming-of-age experiences inside a deeply fundamentalist religion and my exodus from it (you can read a brief summary of my story here)
* As time allows, various essays, short stories, flash fiction, poems, songs, and children’s stories/poems/songs (Here’s a list of things I’ve had published)
* On the back burner:
– A nonfiction book on some specific applications of modern humanist ethics
– A niche blog: My Post-God Life
– A handful of unfinished novels
Aside from writing and my family and friends, other joys in my life include reading, studying, and learning (about almost anything, but my favorite subjects include literature, philosophy, psychology, and French); being in nature; swimming; knitting; drinking tea; and listening to or playing music.
You can also connect with me on Twitter.
I used to write under a pen name, Sarrah J. Woods.