Musings on personal growth, books, motherhood, writing, and more.
Hello, I’m Sarrah J. Woods. Thanks for visiting my blog! Here I write about things I’m learning and enjoying in the areas of writing, reading, and personal growth. I also post creative writings and photos.
I try to see every day as a chance to learn something new. That’s why my blog is titled “A Bringer of New Things,” which is a phrase from my favorite poem, “Ulysses” by Alfred, Lord Tennyson. Here’s the phrase in its immediate context:
“Life piled on life
Were all too little, and of one to me
Little remains: but every hour is saved
From that eternal silence, something more,
A bringer of new things.”
I wonder what new thing–what insight, knowledge, person, or experience–today will bring into my life?
I’m a writer from West Virginia, USA. In my free time during and after my day job as an insurance agent, I’m currently working on:
* A memoir about my coming-of-age experiences inside a deeply fundamentalist religion and my exodus from it (you can read a brief summary of my story here)
* As time allows, various essays, short stories, flash fiction, poems, songs, and children’s stories/poems/songs
* On the back burner:
– A nonfiction book on some specific applications of modern humanist ethics
– A niche blog: My Post-God Life
– A handful of unfinished novels
I adore writing. But some other things I enjoy include reading, studying, and learning (about almost anything, but my favorite subjects include literature, philosophy, psychology, and French); being in nature; swimming; knitting; drinking tea; and listening to or playing music.
You can also connect with me on Twitter.