Musings on personal growth, books, motherhood, writing, and more.
Most of the following were published under a pseudonym, Sarrah J. Woods, which I am no longer using as of February 2018.
• A Bringer of New Things: Essays and Poems on Life, Literature, Learning, and Writing, available at Lulu.com and Amazon. Most of the writings in the book appeared in earlier versions on this blog, but there are some extra pieces that are only in the book.
• “Alice” (flash fiction piece) published in The Congress of Rough Writers: Flash Fiction Anthology Vol. 1 (December 2017)
• “We Need You to Be Yourself” (essay) published in The Charleston Anvil, November 2015
• “Letter Writing, Rediscovered” (short essay) published in Southwoods Magazine, August 2014
• “Why I’m Giving Up My Smart Phone” (op-ed) published in Charleston Gazette, September 2014
• “America’s Toxic Nickname” (essay) published in Freethought Today, October 2013
Guest Blog Posts
• “Becoming My Own Parent” (essay) published on Vocalis, February 2016
• “When My Cat Took Care of Me” (essay) published on Vocalis, March 2016